Friday 13 May 2016

How I use my Glow Kit


 Recently I have been LOVING my Anastasia Beverly Hills highlight kit in "That Glow"; so I thought I would tell you how I use it and which colours I use what for!


The palette itself is absolutely FAB! It's quite big in comparison to the cream contour kit from ABH so you are getting your money's worth, probably not ideal for travelling but to whoever can pack light I praise you as I can't! All the shades are beautiful and are very highly pigmented, which is a bonus as I love a very strong highlight. (almost too much as sometimes I look like a disco ball!)

I mean, have you ever seen something so beautiful...
From left to right: Dripping in Gold, Bubbly, Golden Bronze and Sunburst

How I use the palette

The first thing I use the palette for is my eye shadow! I know it's a highlight palette but "Golden Bronze" is just beautiful on eyes. I pack on the colour with a MAC 239 brush and then I blend it out with "Sultry" from The Balm Nudes palette; if you don't have this you can just use a matte bronzer like "Hoola" from Benefit as they are literally the same colour! I then use the ink end of the Soap and Glory eye brow pencil as liquid liner for define brown cat eye. To finish I use the colour "sunburst" from the ABH palette to highlight the inner corner of my eye and my brow bone.

Obviously I do use the palette to highlight too and not just to us as eye shadow! On a day to day basis I normally us my Charlotte Tilbury "Bronze and Glow" cheek palette to lightly contour and then blend it all out with my Real Techniques blush brush and "Hoola" Bronzer. I then dip my big fluffy brush into "Bubbly" and "Dripping in Gold" and swiftly brush over my cheeks so then when I apply "Dandelion" blusher from Benefit there is a slight shimmer under the blush! I then properly highlight with "Sunburst" and I apply this on my cheekbones, brow bones, inner corner of my eye, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow. 

Excuse the claw hand, it took bloody ages to take a photo that I liked and I wasn't planning on taking a billion more because my hand wasn't in the right place!
 And there is the finished look! I hope you guys enjoyed how I use the AMAZING Anastasia Beverly Hills highlight palette, if your thinking of buying it then just take the plunge as it is just stunning!
                                                                    WithlovefromAmber
                                                                                   X

Share:

4 comments

  1. This palette looks amazing, the swatches are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, you look stunning. Followed x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great little palette! Such a good find!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing find! Yes I would love to take a look at your blog and of course we can follow each other on Bloglovin! xox

      Delete

© Amber Kelly | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig